August Subscription Box
Welcome to August’s Subscription Box!
I are thrilled to have you join us for another exciting month of botanical bliss! As the summer sun shines brightly upon us, I have curated a delightful assortment of plants for your August subscription box that will surely add charm and vibrancy to your indoor jungle. Without further ado, let's dive into the world of three extraordinary plants that will capture your heart and captivate your space!
1. Variegated String of Hearts (Ceropegia woodii)
This stunning trailing plant is a sight to behold with its delicate heart-shaped leaves adorned with white and green stripes. The Variegated String of Hearts is a true stunner that thrives in bright, indirect light. Place it near a window where it can receive plenty of filtered sunlight, but be careful not to expose it to intense, direct rays, as this can scorch its leaves.
- Water: Allow the soil to dry partially between waterings, as this plant dislikes constantly soggy roots. Water it thoroughly and then let it dry out before the next watering session.
- Soil: A well-draining, lightweight potting mix will be ideal for this plant.
- Size when full grown: With proper care, the Variegated String of Hearts can reach up to 6-10 feet in length, making it a beautiful trailing spectacle!
2. Euphorbia Mammillaria Variegated Yellow
Prepare to be mesmerized by this striking succulent! The Euphorbia Mammillaria Variegated Yellow flaunts succulent, cylindrical stems with lovely yellow variegation. It thrives in bright, direct sunlight, so find a sunny spot where it can soak up those rays!
- Water: Allow the soil to dry out completely between waterings, as this plant prefers a drought-like environment.
- Soil: A well-draining cactus mix will ensure proper drainage and prevent root rot.
- Size when full grown: This delightful Euphorbia can grow up to 8-12 inches tall and 6-8 inches wide, making it a compact yet striking addition to your plant collection!
3. Crassula Nudicaulis “Devil’s Horn”
Get ready to embrace the dark and mysterious charm of the Crassula Nudicaulis "Devil's Horn." With its unique, horn-shaped leaves, this succulent adds an element of intrigue to any setting. It loves bright, indirect light, but can tolerate some direct sun as well. It currently boasts red stressed leaves due to the heat.
- Water: Allow the soil to dry out almost completely between waterings, but don't let it stay bone dry for too long.
- Soil: A well-draining succulent mix with added perlite or pumice will keep this devilishly handsome plant happy.
- Size when full grown: The "Devil's Horn" can reach a height of about 6-8 inches, creating a stunning focal point in your plant collection.
Like all living beings, our green friends have their rest periods too. Both the Variegated String of Hearts and the Euphorbia Mammillaria Variegated Yellow typically do not experience a true dormancy period. However, during the winter months, they might slow down their growth, requiring less frequent watering. On the other hand, the Crassula Nudicaulis "Devil's Horn" might have a brief dormant phase during the winter when its growth slows down, but this is perfectly normal.
As always, remember that each plant is unique, and their care needs might vary slightly. Keep an eye on their behavior, and they will tell you what they need!
Monthly Surprise Bonus:
Included is a sweet cutting of one of my favorite Crassula called Tom Thumb. Just poke it in some soil and it should root up for you quite readily. This prolific little plant will grow into a sizable bush in just a few short season!
I hope you're as thrilled as I am with this month's plant selection! The Variegated String of Hearts, Euphorbia Mammillaria Variegated Yellow, and Crassula Nudicaulis "Devil's Horn" are sure to bring joy and excitement to your botanical journey.
Stay tuned for our next month's subscription box, which will be full of surprises and delightful additions to your growing plant family. Until then, keep loving your plants, and happy gardening!