Not dead!!! They probably just need some water and some soil and you probably just need to ignore them after that.
- Origin: Southern Africa
- Common Names: Living Stones, Stone Plants
- General Care: Lithops are succulents that require very little watering. Water thoroughly when the soil is completely dry, but avoid getting water on the leaves to prevent rot. During the dormant period in winter, water sparingly. These plants prefer bright, direct sunlight. Pay close attention to the cycle your plants are in as to when watering is ideal
- Growing Periods: Year-round, with a dormant period in winter.
- Soil Recommendations: Use a well-draining cactus mix with added perlite or sand. Your mix ideally should be 90% grit and 10% organic matter
- Hardiness Zones: 9-11 (can be grown indoors in colder zones)
- Light Needs: Bright, direct sunlight
- Safe for Pets: Non-toxic to cats and dogs
- You will receive a similar plant in color and size shipped semi-bare root for pots larger than 2.5".
Shipping, processing times, and seasonal information can be found HERE in our SHIPPING POLICY.
FOR WINTER MONTHS: If you experience sustained cold weather temperatures under 38 degrees, we encourage you to add a 72-Hour heat pack to your order to ensure the safest arrival of your new plants during cold weather conditions. To order a 72-Hour heat pack, click HERE.