Hoya Crimson Queen
Write a review
- Plant is featured in a 4” pot
- Origin: Hoyas are native to tropical regions of Asia, Australia, and Polynesia.
- Common Name(s): Wax Plant
- General Care: Hoyas are popular houseplants known for their attractive waxy foliage and beautiful clusters of star-shaped flowers. They prefer bright, indirect light and well-draining soil. Allow the soil to dry out partially between waterings, as overwatering can lead to root rot. Hoyas are known for their vining growth habit, so providing them with a trellis or support structure allows them to climb and create a stunning display.
- Growing Period: Hoyas can grow and vine extensively, with some species reaching several feet in length.
- Soil Recommendations: Well-draining soil is important for Hoyas. Use a well-balanced potting mix that retains some moisture but also provides good drainage.
- Hardiness Zones: Hoyas are generally grown as houseplants but can be successfully cultivated outdoors in zones 10-12, where temperatures remain consistently warm.
- Light Needs: Hoyas prefer bright, indirect light. They can tolerate some direct sunlight, especially during the morning or late afternoon, but avoid intense midday sun to prevent leaf burn.
- Pet Safety: Some species of Hoyas can be toxic to pets if ingested. It's best to keep them out of reach of curious pets or opt for pet-safe plant varieties.
You will receive a similar plant in color and size shipped semi-bare root for pots larger than 2.5. Please consider ordering a heat pack if your sustained temperatures are below 38 degrees.