Haworthia ~ Zebra plant
Need a beginner plant to start your collection?
THIS IS IT!!
- Origin: Native to South Africa.
- Common Name(s): Zebra Haworthia, Zebra Plant.
- Plant is available in 2.5” and 4” pot siize
- General Care: Haworthia Zebra is a popular and visually striking succulent that is relatively easy to care for. It thrives in bright, indirect light and prefers well-draining soil. Allow the soil to dry out completely between waterings and avoid overwatering, as excessive moisture can lead to root rot. It forms tight rosettes of fleshy, triangular leaves with distinctive white horizontal stripes that resemble zebra markings.
- Growing Period: Haworthia Zebra grows slowly and forms clumps of rosettes, reaching a height of around 3-5 inches with a similar spread.
- Soil Recommendations: Well-draining soil is crucial for the health of this plant. Use a cactus or succulent mix combined with perlite or pumice for optimal drainage.
- Hardiness Zones: Hardy in zones 9-11. In colder climates, it is best grown as a houseplant or moved indoors during winter.
- Light Needs: Haworthia Zebra thrives in bright, indirect light. It can tolerate some direct sunlight, especially in the morning or late afternoon, but avoid intense midday sun to prevent leaf burn.
- Pet Safety: Haworthia Zebra is generally non-toxic to pets. However, it's always a good practice to keep pets away from chewing on any plants.
You will receive a similar plant in color and size shipped semi-bare root for pots larger than 2.5. Please consider ordering a heat pack if your sustained temperatures are below 38 degrees.