- Origin: Native to North America
- Common Name: Opuntia "Baby Rita"
- General Care: Easy to care for and suitable for beginners. Low maintenance required.
- Growing Periods: Actively grows during spring and summer, with slower growth in fall and winter.
- Soil Recommendations: Well-draining soil is essential to prevent root rot. A cactus or succulent mix is recommended.
- Hardiness Zones: Suitable for zones 9-11. Can be grown indoors in colder regions.
- Light Needs: Prefers full sun to partial shade. Requires ample sunlight for optimal growth.
- Pet Safety: Opuntia plants, including Opuntia Baby Rita, may have spines that can cause injury. Keep out of reach of pets or choose a safer location.
- Additional Note: You will receive a similar plant in color and size, semi-bare root for pots larger than 2.5 inches.
Shipping, processing times, and seasonal information can be found HERE in our SHIPPING POLICY.
FOR WINTER MONTHS: If you experience sustained cold weather temperatures under 38 degrees, we encourage you to add a 72-Hour heat pack to your order to ensure the safest arrival of your new plants during cold weather conditions. To order a 72-Hour heat pack, click HERE