Cotyledon orbiculata Variegated - Long Leaf Form
Write a review
- Origin: Cotyledon orbiculata, commonly known as the Variegated Long Leaf Form, is native to South Africa.
- Plant is featured in a 4” pot
- Common Name(s): Variegated Long Leaf Form, Pig's Ear.
- Latin Name: Cotyledon orbiculata Variegated - Long Leaf Form.
- General Care: The Variegated Long Leaf Form is a striking succulent with unique, elongated leaves and attractive variegation. It thrives in well-draining soil and prefers bright, indirect light. Water sparingly, allowing the soil to dry out between waterings. This succulent is an excellent choice for both indoor and outdoor gardens, adding a touch of elegance with its distinctive foliage.
- Growing Period: Cotyledon orbiculata varieties typically have a moderate growth rate. The Variegated Long Leaf Form can develop into a well-branched and compact shrub.
- Soil Recommendations: Use a well-draining succulent or cactus potting mix. Incorporate perlite or sand to enhance drainage and prevent overwatering.
- Hardiness Zones: The Variegated Long Leaf Form is well-suited for outdoor cultivation in zones 9-11. In colder climates, it can be grown as a houseplant.
- Light Needs: Provide bright, indirect light for optimal variegation. This succulent can tolerate some direct sunlight but may appreciate protection from intense midday sun.
- Pet Safety: Cotyledon orbiculata is generally considered mildly toxic to pets if ingested. Keep it out of reach of pets or choose a pet-friendly location.
You will receive a similar plant in size shipped semi-bare root for pots larger than 2.5. Please consider ordering a heat pack if your sustained temperatures are below 38 degrees.