Variegated string of pearls
- Origin: South Africa
- Common Names: String of Pearls, String of Beads
- Latin Name: Senecio rowleyanus
- General Care: Senecio rowleyanus is a low-maintenance plant that requires bright but indirect light, well-draining soil, and occasional watering. It prefers temperatures between 70-85°F (21-29°C) and can be sensitive to overwatering.
- Growing Periods: Grows slowly but can trail up to 2-3 feet over time.
- Soil Recommendations: Well-draining, cactus/succulent soil with a pH of 6.0-6.5.
- Hardiness Zones: 10-11 (can be grown indoors in cooler climates)
- Light Needs: Bright but indirect light
- Safe for Pets: Non-toxic to pets
You will receive a similar plant in color and size shipped semi-bare root for pots larger than 2.5.